Copyright FOURIN, Inc. 2021
BluE Nexus Supplies HEV System to China’s GAC Group
BluE Nexus is an electric drive module development, adaptation and sales company established in April 2019 by Toyota Group companies Aisin Seiki and Denso, which have top share in both the global transaxle and inverter markets. BluE Nexus is positioned as the core company that promotes the Toyota Group’s electrification business. In August 2020, Toyota Motor acquired a 10% stake in the joint venture. The other 90% is now equally divided between Aisin and Denso.
Aisin is in charge of the transaxle and Denso is responsible for the inverter. The motor is jointly developed by the two companies. Until now, both companies have developed each component independently, but by combining their respective strengths, they aim to build a system that can offer solutions to more automobile manufacturers than before.